Buyers Admin Assistant (6 Month Contract) – Simply Hike
We are looking to recruit a creative, confident and hardworking Buyers Admin Assistant to join our dynamic Buyers Admin Team for an initial 6 month contract, with the possibility of becoming permanent. The main aspects of the role will be adding new products to the Simply Hike website, ensuring the content is engaging and accurate, and maintaining the administration of those products in the database.
The right individual will have an excellent knowledge of the English language along with excellent grammar and spelling skills. You will have some experience in creative writing, be a good administrator and have the ability to prioritise workload. The ideal candidate will be technically minded with an interest in hiking, camping and the great outdoors.
As a Buyers Admin Assistant for Simply Hike your key responsibilities will be:
- Adding new products to the websites before they are delivered
- Creating purchase orders for forward orders already placed with suppliers
- Checking order confirmations and dealing with any discrepancies
- Managing outstanding Purchase Orders
- Dealing with delivery discrepancies
- Responding to internal emails and external emails regarding supplier deliveries, product information etc.
- Be involved in training sessions for branded products
- Sometimes be involved in buying meetings with brand managers to help with product knowledge when adding new products
- General product administration duties to include; updating prices, creating new website collections and checking the website for errors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Preferably be experienced and skilled in creative writing and producing search engine optimised content.
- Administratively well organised with a commitment to consistently high levels of quality and output.
- Must be IT literate with basic Microsoft Word & Excel skills and be able to learn new systems reasonably swiftly.
- Preferable Photoshop experience.
- Have worked as part of a team; proven to be proactive with other departments to get the best result.
- Salary: £18,000 pa
- Holiday: 28 days (including public holidays)
- Flexi-Time Scheme
To apply please contact Julie Chittenden using the job title as the subject - firstname.lastname@example.org