Fulfilment Centre Manager
The Fulfilment Centre Team Leader’s role is to ensure that the day to day operations of the Fulfilment Centre run smoothly, safely and in accordance with the business objectives. In essence, the role is to ensure the immediate needs of the Fulfilment Centre functions are met through the allocation of the specific tasks required and the supervision of Fulfilment Centre Operatives.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Plan the daily routine and allocate tasks within your designated zone, in order to meet the business’ objectives. Including but not limited to picking, packing, returns, goods-in and stock-taking in accordance with SLA’s and agreed targets.
- Support the Fulfilment Centre Manager and other Team Leaders in the continuous improvement of the warehouse systems, processes and policies to support the business needs.
- Support the coaching and professional development of subordinates in order to meet the business needs, improve service delivery, improve operational readiness and reduce staff turnover.
- To act as an example in regards to proficiency and health & safety in order to promote an environment of professionalism and pride within the warehouse.
- Support the Warehouse Manager in special projects as required.
Required qualifications, knowledge, experience & skills
- The main responsibilities of a Fulfilment Centre Team Leader require experience of handling the daily logistics of the Fulfilment Centre and overseeing the supervision of employees.
- The job holder will be instrumental in creating an environment that encourages team members to support the business objectives through hard work and innovation. They should have a good understanding of business best practice coupled with strong leadership and communication skills.
- This role requires someone with the ability to think on their feet and make quick and credible decisions with little hesitation. Excellent problem-solving and solution thinking skills are required.
- Basic IT skills required.
- Low customer complaint rate / high customer approval rating
- Distribution/Warehousing processing in accordance with agreed targets and SLA’s.
- Low incidences of “not right first time”.
- Low incidence of health and safety failures.
- Motivated and productive team