Head of Marketing
As a Social Media & Marketing Executive you will manage and grow the Company’s existing social presence. Through exciting and engaging content you will generate interest and brand awareness to new and existing customers. With the Company’s content strategy in mind you will create relevant content for blogs, generate inbound traffic, cultivate sales and manage community participation and leadership.
You will from time to time be required to attend Social Media, blogging and industry-specific conferences to ensure continuing professional development.
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- This role qualifies for Flexi Time
Key duties & responsibilities
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop the plan and the parameters for the corporate social media strategy.
- Write/Create, curate and publish content (images, video and written) across all social platforms and blogs.
- Complete the social activity log.
- Publishing a daily social post for all stores including Facebook, Twitter & Google +, ensuring messaging is timely and relevant.
- Publishing a weekly blog post including activity on Pinterest and Instagram.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users.
- Oversee design and update Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, Twitter profile.
- Keep blog pages, banners and feature banner updated to reflect the latest content.
- Create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns inline with monthly allocated budget.
- Recruit and work with external bloggers to obtain high quality blogs posts. Manage the editorial calendar so that articles published regularly. Check that all guest articles are mentioned by our contributor on own social profiles.
- Run competitions, promotional offers and discounts across all social accounts by developing ideas and bringing to fruition.
- Manage the flow of articles provided by guest contributors to the blogs to meet your editorial schedule and budget.
- Schedule tweets to appear overnight and on weekends.
- Monitor trends and new social media tools to improve productivity.
- Encourage and thank individuals for positive feedback, deal directly with Customer Care Department to resolve and respond to any unhappy customers in a timely fashion.
- Monitor the internet for any positive or negative feedback about our brand/stores, and then follow up on the feedback.
- Constantly scouring the internet and the news headlines for articles, stories and tips that are industry related and which can be posted to the social media accounts.
- Track/report and monitor the effectiveness and success of online initiatives, in order to calculate a return on investment. Provide reports on what worked and what didn’t work.
- Proof marketing material as and when produced by the creative department.
Required qualifications, knowledge, experience & skills
- Previous Social Media experience within a working environment
- Degree educated
- Excellent written skills
- A good social mindset
- Social account growth
- Traffic to our retail website/blog
- Cost/budget spend